Visiting Hai Phong
Bargain hunters enjoy visiting Hai Phong though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its cocktail bars.
- There are 159 hotels and other accommodations in Hai Phong
- The closest major airport is in Haiphong (HPH-Cat Bi), 4 mi (6.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Hai Phong
Cultural venues in the city include Hai Phong Opera House, Hai Phong Museum, and Navy Museum. Notable city landmarks like Du Hang Pagoda and Cannon Fort might be worth a visit. The city's natural beauty is on display at Do Son Beach, Cat Ba National Park, and Cat Co Beach.
In Hai Phong, there are 159 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Era Cruises - Guests who stay at this 4-star cruise ship in Cat Hai can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room jetted tub. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Orchid Halong Cruise - Our customers like the helpful staff and room size at this cruise ship. Guests who stay at this 4-star cruise ship in Cat Hai can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with a private balcony.
- Cannon Fort Cat Ba Hotel - This 2.5-star hotel in Cat Hai features a marina, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
One of the popular sights outside the city is Sun World Ha Long Park, 24.5 mi/39.5 km from the center of the city.
Getting Around Hai Phong
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Hai Phong Train Station. Hai Phong might not have very many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Hai Phong
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 78°F and the nighttime average to be 56°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 92°F during the day and 66°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 86°F during the day and 58°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Hai Phong is 2.17 inches
- Hottest months are usually June and July with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 58°F