Visiting Inch Island
Travelers to Inch Island will find plenty to explore and enjoy. Diamond, Museum of Free Derry and Bloody Sunday Memorial, and Tower Museum are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 61 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Letterkenny (LTR-Letterkenny Airfield), 10.4 mi (16.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Londonderry (LDY-City of Derry), 13.3 mi (21.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Inch Island
A favorite place to visit in the city is Inch Island Stables. In the area, you'll also find Diamond and Museum of Free Derry and Bloody Sunday Memorial.
As you start planning your visit to Inch Island, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- The Harbour Inn is located within 3.8 mi (6 km) of the city center. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Buncrana can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and overall value.
- Inishowen Gateway is 4.5 mi (7.2 km) from the city's heart. This 3-star hotel in Buncrana features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Tower Museum, 8.4 mi/13.5 km from the city center, and Derry City Walls, which is 8.5 mi/13.7 km away.
Dressing for Inch Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 64°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 65°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 57°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- About 1.10 inches of rain falls on Inch Island each year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 63°F, whereas February and March are often coldest, averaging 35°F