Visiting Inhaca Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Inhaca Island has to offer including the university setting, beaches, and museums. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its restaurants.
- You'll find 69 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Maputo
- The closest major airport is in Maputo (MPM-Maputo Intl.), 24.7 mi (39.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Inhaca Island
The picturesque setting of Inhaca Marine Reserve and Santa Maria Beach exemplify the city's natural beauty. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Marine Biology Museum is worth a campus tour. Additionally, you might want to add Inhaca Lighthouse to your agenda.
As you start planning for your getaway to Inhaca Island, you might not find an accommodation in the city center, but you can select from 42 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Radisson Blu Hotel & Residence, Maputo is 2.8 mi (4.5 km) from the center of Inhaca Island. This 4-star hotel in Inhaca Island features a private beach, free breakfast, and a restaurant.
- Polana Serena Hotel is located 22.5 mi (36.2 km) from the heart of Inhaca Island. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Maputo can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Southern Sun Maputo is 22.6 mi (36.4 km) from central Inhaca Island. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Maputo can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and beach locale.
Dressing for Inhaca Island
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 90°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 74°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 61°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 61°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 69°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.10 inches of rain falls on Inhaca Island each year
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while June and July are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 63°F