Visitors to Maputo are sure to enjoy the museums and beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's seafood restaurants, cafés, and live music.
- There are 89 hotels and other accommodations in Maputo
- The closest major airport is in Maputo (MPM-Maputo Intl.), 2.3 mi (3.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Maputo
Well-known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Fortress of Maputo, Museum of Natural History, and Marine Biology Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Praca dos Trabalhadores, Maputo Cathedral, and Inhaca Lighthouse. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Maputo Botanical Gardens, Inhaca Marine Reserve, and Ponta Abril.
In Maputo, you'll be able to select from 89 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Polana Serena Hotel - With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and breakfast.
- Radisson Blu Hotel & Residence, Maputo - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Delagoa Bay City Inn - This 3-star inn in Polana Cimento A features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and proximity to the airport.
Dressing for Maputo
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 74°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 61°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 61°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 69°F
- About 30.91 inches of rain falls on Maputo each year
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 63°F