Visitors can enjoy all that Jalpaiguri has to offer including the temples, football games, and gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's art and riverfront.
- There are 13 hotels and other accommodations in Jalpaiguri
- The closest major airport is in Bagdogra (IXB), 26.6 mi (42.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Jalpaiguri
The city's natural beauty is on display at Gorumara National Park, Malbazar Park, and Nagrakata Park. Additionally, you might want to add Iskon Temple to your agenda.
As you start planning for your getaway to Jalpaiguri, you might not find an accommodation in the city center, but you can select from 40 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Lemon Tree Hotel Siliguri is 23.4 mi (37.6 km) from the center of Jalpaiguri. This 4-star hotel in Jalpaiguri features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a 24-hour fitness center.
- Sinclairs Retreat Dooars is located 23.2 mi (37.4 km) from the heart of Jalpaiguri. This 3-star resort in Chalsa features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- Hotel Saffron Crest is 23.2 mi (37.4 km) from central Jalpaiguri. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Jalpaiguri can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free Internet.
Getting Around Jalpaiguri
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at New Jalpaiguri Junction Railway Station. Jalpaiguri might not have very many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Jalpaiguri
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 58°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 12°F
- From April to June, the average is 72°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 72°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 64°F as the daytime average and 14°F as the nighttime average
- Jalpaiguri gets about 16.22 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 71°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 15°F