Families will find kid-friendly activities in Joplin, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its festivals, sporting events, and shopping.
- There are 47 hotels and other accommodations in Joplin
- The closest major airport is in Joplin, MO (JLN-Joplin Regional), 4.4 mi (7.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Joplin
The city is well known for its festivals and cultural venues like George A. Spiva Center for the Arts. Favorite family attractions include Candy House Chocolate Factory and Precious Moments Chapel. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and North Park Mall is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 47 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Joplin. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- TownePlace Suites Marriott Joplin - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Candlewood Suites Joplin - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour fitness center, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Residence Inn Marriott Joplin - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Joplin
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 65°F and the nighttime average to be 25°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 76°F during the day and 25°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Joplin is 46.61 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 27°F