Visitors to Kaitaia are sure to enjoy the local tours. Tourists can also enjoy the city's spas, coffeehouses, and entertainment choices.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodations in Kaitaia
- The closest major airport is in Kaitaia (KAT), 5 mi (8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kerikeri (KKE-Bay of Islands), 33.9 mi (54.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kaitaia
A favorite place to visit in the city is Far North Regional Museum. Additionally, you'll find Ancient Kauri Kingdom and Taipa Beach in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Kaitaia. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Kauri Lodge Motel - This 3-star motel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and overall condition.
- Loredo Motel - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this motel. With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- ASURE Wayfarer Motel - This 3-star motel features free WiFi, free parking, and a spa tub. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
Dressing for Kaitaia
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 73°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 57°F
- From April to June, the average is 68°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 61°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 50°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Kaitaia is 49.25 inches
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 72°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 46°F