History buffs will enjoy exploring Kanazawa, and all visitors are sure to appreciate the museums. Culturally-rich and walkable, this city attracts tourists with its gardens and seafood restaurants.
- There are 131 hotels and other accommodations in Kanazawa
- The closest major airport is in Komatsu (KMQ), 17.8 mi (28.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Toyama (TOY), 30.4 mi (48.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kanazawa
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Ishikawa Ongakudo, Izumi Kyoka Museum, and Ashigaru Shiryokan Museum. Attractions like Gyokusen-en Garden and Utatsuyama Iris Garden are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Chief Town Chaya, Nomura Samurai House, and Terashima Kurando Samurai Villa.
In Kanazawa, you'll be able to select from 131 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Machiya Kanazawa Kikunoya - Amenities in this 3.5-star ryokan include a kitchen, free WiFi, and a living room. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and location.
- INOVA Kanazawaekimae Hotel suite - Our customers love the helpful staff and spacious, clean rooms at this apartment. This 3-star apartment features free WiFi, parking, and concierge services.
- Kanazawa Sainoniwa Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Getting Around Kanazawa
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Kanazawa Station. Kanazawa may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Kanazawa
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 57°F and the nighttime average to be 33°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 60°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 74°F during the day and 36°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Kanazawa is 1.54 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 86°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 34°F