Find Hotels in Kaohsiung
Great deals on hotels, cabins, vacation homes & more from $41
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on May 29, 2020
Where to stay in Kaohsiung
4.5/5Wonderful!(4 area reviews)
Get to know Zuoying District and its many features like its mountain views and restaurants. You might want to explore sights like Love River and Lotus Pond, and you can jump on the metro at Ecological District Station or Zuoying/THSR Station to get around the city.
Kaohsiung City Centre
4.5/5Wonderful!(294 area reviews)
Enjoy the popular shops in Kaohsiung City Centre. Liuhe Night Market is a worthwhile stop, and you can jump on the metro at Formosa Boulevard Station or Sinyi Elementary School Station to see more of Kaohsiung.
You'll enjoy the beaches and monuments in Qijin District. You might want to make time for a stop at Cijin Seaside Park or Cinjin Beach.
Noted for its art galleries and waterfront views, there's plenty to explore in Yancheng District. Top attractions like Pier-2 Art Center and Love River are major draws, and you can hop on the metro at Yanchengpu Station or Penglai Pier-2 Station to see more of the city.
4.5/5Wonderful!(17 area reviews)
Well-liked for its museums and art galleries, Sanmin is worth a visit. Check out the variety of things to see and do like Love River and Sanfong Temple, and jump on the metro at Houyi Station to get around the city.
Visitors give high marks for the shopping in Kaohsiung, which is also known for its waterfront and art. Tourists can also enjoy the city's architecture, temples, and festivals. Top sights in the city include Liuhe Night Market, 85 Sky Tower, and Love River.
- There are 410 hotels and other accommodations in Kaohsiung
- The closest major airport is in Kaohsiung (KHH-Kaohsiung Intl.), 4.5 mi (7.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tainan (TNN), 23.1 mi (37.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kaohsiung
Well-known for its art scene, the city's cultural venues include Pier-2 Art Center, Kaohsiung Museum of Fine Arts, and Fo Guang Shan Buddha Memorial Center. Attractions like E-DA Themepark, Shou Shan Zoo, and Jing Yuan Farm and Leisure are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like 85 Sky Tower, Former British Consulate at Takao, and Urban Spotlight Arcade.
In Kaohsiung, there are 410 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hok house - This 2.5-star bed & breakfast in Kaohsiung City Centre features free WiFi, a café, and a library. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to public transit.
- Kindness Hotel Juemin - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Sanmin can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Grand Hi Lai Hotel - Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Kaohsiung City Centre can enjoy access to 13 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and central location.
Other favorite sights in Kaohsiung include Liuhe Night Market, Love River, and Dream Mall. In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Tainan Confucian Temple, 26.1 mi/42 km from the city center, and Chihkan Tower, which is 26.6 mi/42.8 km away.
Getting Around Kaohsiung
With so many choices for transportation, exploring Kaohsiung is simple. You can access metro transit at Central Park Station, City Council Station, and Love Pier Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Kaohsiung Station, Zuoying-Jiucheng Station, or Kaohsiung Fengshan Station.
Dressing for Kaohsiung
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 62°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 69°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 75°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 85°F and nighttime averages of 63°F
- Kaohsiung gets about 1.93 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 63°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Kaohsiung?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Kaohsiung, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Kaohsiung?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Kaohsiung?
What's the best place to stay in Qijin District?
What's a favorite place to stay in Kaohsiung City Centre?
What's the best hotel when traveling with kids to Kaohsiung?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic vacation to Kaohsiung?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Kaohsiung?
Where is the best hotel to stay near E-DA Themepark?
What about the best place to stay close to Love River?
Recent reviews of Kaohsiung hotels
More trip options
- Kaohsiung Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Kaohsiung Airports
- Hotels in Kaohsiung Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Kaohsiung Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Kaohsiung
- More Hotel Options in Kaohsiung
- More Popular Hotels in Taiwan
- Other Hotels near Kaohsiung, Taiwan
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends