Travelers to Karvina will find plenty to explore and enjoy. A top sight in the area is Ustron Ski Resort.
- There are 71 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Ostrava (OSR-Leos Janacek), 20.9 mi (33.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Karvina
A favorite place to visit in the city is Golf Resort Lipiny. Additionally, you'll find Ustron Ski Resort in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Karvina, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 11 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Park Inn by Radisson Ostrava is 11.5 mi (18.5 km) from central Karvina. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Ostrava can enjoy access to a restaurant and a health club, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hotel Belweder is located 16.3 mi (26.2 km) from the heart of Karvina. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Ustron can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Afrika Hotel is 13.6 mi (21.9 km) from the center of Karvina. This 4-star hotel in Frydek-Mistek features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant.
Getting Around Karvina
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Karvina Hlavni Station. Karvina might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Karvina
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 23°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 74°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 77°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 62°F and nighttime averages of 27°F
- About 0.87 inches of rain falls on Karvina each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 75°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 26°F