Visitors to Kavala are sure to enjoy the waterfront and bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés, cathedral, and museums.
- There are 40 hotels and other accommodations in Kavala
- The closest major airport is in Kavala (KVA-Alexander the Great Intl.), 10.9 mi (17.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Kavala
Cultural venues in the city include Archeological Museum of Kavala, Municipal Museum, and Philippi Archaeological Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Ancient Theater of Philippi and Philippi Archaeological Site. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and Krinides Mud Baths.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 40 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Kavala. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Imaret - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- Lucy Hotel - Our customers like the pool and convenient parking at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features a marina, 2 restaurants, and free breakfast.
- Hotel Oceanis Kavala - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Kavala
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 57°F during the day and 29°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 50°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 74°F and nighttime averages of 30°F
- Average annual rainfall for Kavala is 0.94 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 85°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 30°F