Visitors can enjoy all that Kiel has to offer including the museums, seaside, and aquarium. Tourists can also enjoy the city's art, festivals, and wineries.
- There are 36 hotels and other accommodations in Kiel
- The closest major airport is in Luebeck (LBC), 42.4 mi (68.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hamburg (HAM), 48 mi (77.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kiel
Cultural venues in the city include City and Maritime Museum, Schifffahrtsmuseum, and Kiel Town Hall. Attractions like Aquarium GEOMAR and Old Botanical Garden are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Kieler Brauerei, St. Nikolaus Church, and Flandernbunker.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 36 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Kiel. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Atlantic Hotel Kiel - With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
- Hotel Birke Kiel-Das Business und Wellness Hotel, Ringhotel - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Comfort Hotel Tom Kyle - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Getting Around Kiel
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Kiel Central Station, Kiel-Hassee CITTI-PARK Station, or Suchsdorf Station. Kiel might not have very many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Kiel
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 47°F and the nighttime average to be 28°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 68°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September averages 69°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 57°F during the day and 30°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Kiel is 1.26 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 68°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 29°F