Visitors can enjoy all that Kilbeggan has to offer including its museums. There are 40 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area.
Sightseeing and Staying in Kilbeggan
The city's cultural venues include Lockes Distillery Museum and Locke's Distillery. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Kilbeggan Racecourse and Ballard Organic Farm.
As you start planning for your getaway to Kilbeggan, you might not find an accommodation in the city center, but you can choose from 40 lodging options within the bigger area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Hodson Bay Hotel is located 21.3 mi (34.4 km) from the heart of Kilbeggan. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Athlone can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a golf course, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its clean, comfortable rooms and room size.
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone is 18.7 mi (30.1 km) from the center of Kilbeggan. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Athlone can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and comfortable rooms.
- Tullamore Court Hotel is 7.1 mi (11.4 km) from central Kilbeggan. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Tullamore can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Kilbeggan
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 35°F
- From April to June, the average is 65°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 67°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 59°F as the daytime average and 36°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Kilbeggan is 32.01 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 66°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F