Travelers to Kurravaara will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 13 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Kiruna (KRN), 8.6 mi (13.9 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Kurravaara
Places to visit in the larger region include Kiruna Church, Town Hall, and Kiruna Mine. Additionally, you can explore the sights and enjoy the activities in the larger area.
As you plan your vacation to Kurravaara, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- SkyArk - SkyNest is 1.1 mi (1.7 km) from central Kurravaara. Guests who stay at this 2-star cottage in Kiruna can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with a private patio.
- Hotel Bishops Arms Kiruna is 7.5 mi (12.1 km) from the center of Kurravaara. This 3-star hotel in Kiruna features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and central location.
- Icehotel is located 9.1 mi (14.6 km) from the heart of Kurravaara. This 3.5-star hotel in Jukkasjarvi features ski slopes, free breakfast, and a restaurant. Our customers like its room size.
Dressing for Kurravaara
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 31°F and the nighttime average to be -4°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 63°F during the day and 12°F at night
- July through September averages 65°F during the day and 28°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 42°F during the day and 1°F at night
- About 0.75 inches of rain falls on Kurravaara each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 61°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of -2°F