Visiting La Fortuna
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring La Fortuna, and visitors give high marks for the volcano viewpoints. In La Fortuna, there are 152 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in San Jose (SJO-Juan Santamaria Intl.), 44.4 mi (71.4 km) from the city center. The next closest is in San Jose (SYQ-Tobias Bolanos Intl.), 49.4 mi (79.6 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in La Fortuna
The volcanoes, hot springs, and rainforest highlight the city's natural beauty, and Ecotermales Fortuna, La Fortuna Waterfall, and Chato Volcano are worth a visit. Ziplining, hiking, and bird watching are top activities, while sights to visit include Costa Rica Chocolate Tour and Mistico Arenal Hanging Bridges Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Arenal Adventure World and Ecoglide Arenal Park.
In La Fortuna, you'll be able to select from 152 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Nayara Springs - Adults only - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens - Our customers like the dining options and pool at this resort. This 4.5-star resort features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants, and free breakfast.
- Hotel El Silencio del Campo - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and room size.
Dressing for La Fortuna
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 61°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 64°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 81°F with nighttime averages of 63°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 80°F and nighttime averages of 62°F
- La Fortuna gets about 72.76 inches of rain per year
- Usually April and May are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 62°F