Visiting El Castillo
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring El Castillo, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the hot springs and local tours. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing setting.
- There are 31 hotels and other accommodations in El Castillo
- The closest major airport is in San Jose (SJO-Juan Santamaria Intl.), 41.4 mi (66.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Jose (SYQ-Tobias Bolanos Intl.), 46.6 mi (75 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in El Castillo
Attractions like Butterfly Conservatory and Arenal Eco Zoo are fun for everyone, not just kids. The hiking trails, hot springs, and volcanoes highlight the city's natural beauty, and Children's Eternal Rainforest, Arenal Volcano National Park, and Chato Volcano are worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Cerro Chato Lake and Lake Arenal.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 31 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in El Castillo. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Heliconias Nature Lodge - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and overall value.
- Volcano Gold Loft - Our customers like the pool and WiFi at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Chachagua Rainforest Eco Lodge - With a stay at this 2.5-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for El Castillo
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 61°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 64°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 81°F with nighttime averages of 63°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 80°F and nighttime averages of 62°F
- About 72.76 inches of rain falls on El Castillo each year
- Usually April and May are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 62°F