Visitors can enjoy all that Lax has to offer including its mountain views. Jungfraujoch, Eiger, and Trummelbach Falls are some of the top sights around the area. There are 509 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area.
Sightseeing and Staying in Lax
A favorite place to visit in the city is Swiss Alps. In the area, you'll also find Jungfraujoch and Eiger.
As you plan your vacation to Lax, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 106 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Good Night Inn is 8 mi (13 km) from central Lax. This 3-star hotel in Brig features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and room size.
- Central Hotel Wolter is located 16 mi (25.7 km) from the heart of Lax. This 3-star hotel in Grindelwald features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and proximity to public transit.
- Hotel Alpenhof is 16 mi (25.8 km) from the center of Lax. This 3-star hotel in Grindelwald features ski slopes, free breakfast, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Trummelbach Falls, located 14.9 mi (24 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Lax
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 50°F and the nighttime average to be 26°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 70°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September averages 73°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 59°F during the day and 28°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Lax is 1.02 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 71°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 28°F