Visitors can enjoy all that Lejre has to offer including the golf courses, parks, and monuments. A top sight in the area is City2 Shopping Center.
- There are 152 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Copenhagen (CPH-Kastrup), 27.1 mi (43.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Lejre
The city is notable for landmarks like Ledreborg Palace, Om Jaettestue, and Land of Legends. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Skjoldungernes Land National Park and Zealand.
As you make plans for a getaway to Lejre, the perfect accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 38 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Glostrup Park Hotel is located 18.6 mi (29.9 km) from the heart of Lejre. This 4-star hotel in Glostrup features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Our customers like its proximity to public transit and overall condition.
- Scandic Hvidovre is 20 mi (32.3 km) from the center of Lejre. This 3.5-star hotel in Hvidovre features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. Our customers like its dining options and bar.
- Zleep Hotel Ballerup is 18.9 mi (30.4 km) from central Lejre. This 3-star hotel in Ballerup features free WiFi and free parking. Our customers like its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
A top sight outside the city is City2 Shopping Center, 13.3 mi/21.4 km from the center of the city.
Getting Around Lejre
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Lejre Station. Lejre may not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Lejre
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 46°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 27°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 57°F as the daytime average and 27°F as the nighttime average
- Lejre gets about 0.87 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 71°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 28°F