Travelers to Limassol give high marks for the beaches, lively bar scene, and relaxing spas. This city also attracts tourists with its cafés. Top sights around the area include Limassol Castle and Kourion Ruins.
- There are 97 hotels and other accommodations in Limassol
- The closest major airport is in Paphos (PFO-Paphos Intl.), 31.7 mi (51.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Larnaca (LCA-Larnaca Intl.), 35.8 mi (57.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Limassol
The city is notable for landmarks like Limassol Castle, Panagia Sfalaggiotissa Monastery, and Amathus Ruins. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Dasoudi Beach, Galatex Beach, and Castella Beach. Exploring the waterfront is a top activity, and Limassol Marina is one place to visit.
In Limassol, there are 97 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Jedi Surf Hostel - Guests who stay at this 1-star hostel in Old Town of Limassol can enjoy access to free parking and a rooftop terrace, along with free WiFi.
- Nikis House - Our customers like the breakfast and WiFi at this apartment. Guests who stay at this 3-star apartment in Agios Athanasios can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 5 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and breakfast.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Kourion Ruins, 8.8 mi/14.2 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Limassol
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 69°F during the day and 47°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 52°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 65°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 83°F and nighttime averages of 48°F
- Average annual rainfall for Limassol is 1.57 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 47°F