Visitors to Locarno are sure to enjoy the shopping, restaurants, and lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's sporting events, festivals, and archaeological sites.
- There are 40 hotels and other accommodations in Locarno
- The closest major airport is in Lugano (LUG-Agno), 12.8 mi (20.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Locarno
Favorite places to visit in the city include Piazza Grande, Casino Locarno, and Swiss Alps. Additionally, you'll find Madonna del Sasso and Mount Cardada in the area.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 40 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Locarno. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Aparthotel al Lago - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to public transit.
- Boutique Hotel La Rinascente - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel City Locarno, Design & Hospitality - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Locarno
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Locarno Riazzino Station. Locarno might not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Locarno
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 59°F and the nighttime average to be 27°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 79°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 66°F during the day and 28°F at night
- About 1.02 inches of rain falls on Locarno each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 28°F