Visiting Lourdes - Tarbes
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Lourdes - Tarbes, and visitors give high marks for the cathedral and temples. This walkable city also attracts tourists with its cafés. Top sights in the city include Notre-Dame de l'Immaculee-Conception, Rosary Basilica, and Grotte of Massabielle.
- There are 188 hotels and other accommodations in Lourdes - Tarbes
- The closest major airport is in Lourdes (LDE-Tarbes - Lourdes - Pyrenees Intl.), 4.9 mi (7.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Pau (PUF-Pau - Pyrenees), 26.5 mi (42.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lourdes - Tarbes
Cultural venues in the city include House of Sainte Bernadette, Birthplace of Bernadette - Moulin de Boly, and Lourdes Wax Museum. The city is notable for its cathedral and landmarks like Notre-Dame de l'Immaculee-Conception, Rosary Basilica, and Basilica of St. Pius X. The city's natural beauty is on display at Grotte of Massabielle, Lac de Lourdes, and Pic du Jer.
In Lourdes - Tarbes, there are 188 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Citotel De La Marne - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- Hôtel de la Vallée - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western Plus Hotel Le Rive Droite & SPA - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Château de Pau National Museum, 21.1 mi/34 km from the heart of the city, and Pic du Midi de Bigorre, which is 15.4 mi (24.8 km) away.
Getting Around Lourdes - Tarbes
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Lourdes Station, Ossun Station, or St-Pe De Bigorre Station. Lourdes - Tarbes might not have very many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Lourdes - Tarbes
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 57°F during the day and 34°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 74°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 78°F with nighttime averages of 52°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 69°F and nighttime averages of 35°F
- About 0.98 inches of rain falls on Lourdes - Tarbes each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 76°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 35°F