Visitors to Ludwigshafen are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping, local tours, and riverfront. A top sight in the area is Heidelberg Castle.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodations in Ludwigshafen
- The closest major airport is in Mannheim (MHG), 3.6 mi (5.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Frankfurt (FRA-Frankfurt Intl.), 39.8 mi (64.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ludwigshafen
A couple of favorite places to visit are German State Philharmonic of Rhineland-Palatinate and Suedweststadion. Additionally, you'll find Heidelberg Castle in the area.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Ludwigshafen. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- MOXY Ludwigshafen - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a bar and a 24-hour business center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- Europa Hotel - Our customers like the bar and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western Leoso Hotel Ludwigshafen - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
Getting Around Ludwigshafen
With so many transportation options, exploring all of Ludwigshafen is a breeze. Take advantage of metro transit at Ludwigshafen-Mundenheim S-Bahn, Ludwigshafen Rheingönheim S-Bahn, and Oggersheim Tram Stop. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Ludwigshafen Central Station, Ludwigshafen Mitte Station, or Ludwigshafen BASF Süd Station.
Dressing for Ludwigshafen
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 56°F and the nighttime average to be 30°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 75°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 78°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 64°F during the day and 33°F at night
- About 1.14 inches of rain falls on Ludwigshafen each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 76°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 32°F