Visitors to Lund are sure to enjoy the university setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cathedral, museums, and parks. Around the area, top sights include St Petri Kyrka, Malmo Town Hall, and Lilla Torg.
- You'll find 133 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Malmo
- The closest major airport is in Malmo (MMX-Sturup), 13.1 mi (21 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Copenhagen (CPH-Kastrup), 21.8 mi (35.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lund
The city's cultural venues include Kulturen and Skissernas Museum. The city's natural beauty is on display at Lund Botanical Gardens, Lund City Park, and Kungsmarkens Nature Reserve. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Lund University is worth a campus tour.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 27 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Lund. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Best Western Plus Hotell Nordic Lund - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a fitness center, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to public transit.
- The More Hotel Lund - Our customers love the dining options and spacious, quiet rooms at this aparthotel. This 3.5-star aparthotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Clarion Collection Hotel Planetstaden - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Outside the city, top places to visit include St Petri Kyrka, 9.9 mi/16 km from the heart of the city, and Malmo Town Hall, which is 10.1 mi (16.2 km) away.
Getting Around Lund
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Lund Central Station, Lund Gunnesbo Station, or Lund Stangby Station. Lund might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Lund
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 45°F and the nighttime average to be 27°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 67°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September averages 70°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 56°F during the day and 31°F at night
- Lund gets about 1.02 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 68°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 29°F