Visiting Mae On
Visitors can enjoy all that Mae On has to offer including its shopping. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its rich culture.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodations in Mae On
- The closest major airport is in Chiang Mai (CNX-Chiang Mai Intl.), 21.5 mi (34.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Lampang (LPT), 34.8 mi (55.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mae On
The picturesque setting of Muang On Cave and San Kamphaeng Hot Springs exemplify the city's natural beauty. In the area, you'll also find San Kamphaeng Saturday Walking Street and Doi Saket Hot Springs.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Mae On. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Sabai Sabai Retreat is 3.1 mi (4.9 km) from the city's heart. This 3-star hotel in Mae On features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Mae On Hug Night Resort is located 4.9 mi (7.9 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Mae On can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- La Bhu Salah is located within 4.7 mi (7.6 km) of the city center. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Mae On can enjoy access to free parking and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Chiang Mai City Arts & Cultural Center, 20.5 mi/33 km from the heart of the city, and Wat Chiang Man, which is 20.4 mi (32.8 km) away.
Dressing for Mae On
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 98°F and the nighttime average to be 58°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 99°F during the day and 71°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 58°F at night
- About 2.83 inches of rain falls on Mae On each year
- Hottest months are usually April and March with an average temperature of 97°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 59°F