Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Oct 12, 2019
Reviewed on Aug 27, 2020
Visitors can enjoy all that Makarska has to offer including the monuments, waterfront, and mountain views. This city also attracts tourists with its scenic landscape. Around the area, top sights include Makarska Beach, Baska Voda Beach, and Modro Jezero.
- There are 170 hotels and other accommodations in Makarska
- The closest major airport is in Brac Island (BWK), 17.2 mi (27.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Split (SPU), 39.9 mi (64.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Makarska
The city is notable for landmarks like Statue of Friar Andrija Kacic Miosic, St. Mark's Church, and Church of St. Philip. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Makarska Beach and Kacicev Square.
In Makarska, you'll be able to select from 170 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Maritimo - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Aparthotel Miramare - Our customers love the helpful staff and spacious, clean rooms at this aparthotel. This 4-star aparthotel in Makarska Old Town features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant.
- Hotel Osejava - This 4-star hotel features a marina, a full-service spa, and 2 restaurants. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and helpful staff.
Popular places to see outside the city include Baska Voda Beach, located 5.6 mi (8.9 km) from the heart of the city, and Modro Jezero, which is 14.5 mi/23.4 km away.
Dressing for Makarska
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 60°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 42°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 61°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 73°F as the daytime average and 42°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Makarska is 1.26 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 42°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Makarska?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Makarska, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Makarska?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Makarska?
What's the best place to stay in Makarska Old Town?
What's the best place to stay for a family vacation to Makarska?
What are some hotels with pools in Makarska?
What is the best spa hotel in Makarska?
What is the best accommodation for staying close to Split Airport (SPU)?
What is staying in Makarska like?
What is there to see in Makarska?
What's the weather like in Makarska?
Recent reviews of Makarska hotels
More trip options
- Makarska Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Makarska Airports
- Hotels in Makarska Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Makarska Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Makarska
- More Hotel Options in Makarska
- More Popular Hotels in Split-Dalmatia
- Other Hotels near Makarska, Split-Dalmatia
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends