Visitors can enjoy all that Mashiki has to offer including its museums. There are 102 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Kumamoto (KMJ), 5.6 mi (9 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Mashiki
A favorite place to visit in the city is Mifune Dinosaur Museum. Additionally, you'll find Yokoi Kogusu Memorial Hall and Aso Milk Ranch in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Mashiki, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 57 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Dormy Inn Kumamoto Natural Hot Spring is located 9 mi (14.4 km) from the heart of Mashiki. This 3-star hotel in Hanabatacho features free WiFi, spa services, and parking. Our customers like its overall value and room size.
- Nest Hotel Kumamoto is 9 mi (14.5 km) from the center of Mashiki. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Hanabatacho can enjoy access to a restaurant and parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
- Suizenji Comfort Hotel is 7.2 mi (11.6 km) from central Mashiki. This 2.5-star hotel in Kumamoto features a restaurant, free WiFi, and parking. Our customers like its WiFi.
Dressing for Mashiki
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 63°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 46°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 61°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 77°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- About 1.54 inches of rain falls on Mashiki each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 37°F