Visiting Matakana Coast Wine Country
Visitors to Matakana Coast Wine Country are sure to enjoy the bars and wineries. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks and golf courses. Top sights around the area include Omaha Beach, SheepWorld, and Orewa Beach.
- You'll find 1441 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Auckland
- The closest major airport is in Auckland (AKL-Auckland Intl.), 45 mi (72.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Matakana Coast Wine Country
The city's natural beauty is on display at Omaha Beach, Tawharanui Regional Park, and Brick Bay Sculpture Trail. Wine tasting is one of the top activities, while Omaha Beach Golf Club, Warkworth Golf Club, and Heron's Flight are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Matakana Village and Matakana Weekend Market.
In Matakana Coast Wine Country, you'll find 77 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Tahi Lodge - Matakana Coast - With a stay at this 5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Snells Beach Motel - Our customers like the dining options and beach locale at this motel. With a stay at this 3.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Warkworth Lodge - With a stay at this 3.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with pillowtop beds. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and WiFi.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include SheepWorld, 7.4 mi/12 km from the city center, and Orewa Beach, which is 16.4 mi/26.4 km away.
Dressing for Matakana Coast Wine Country
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 57°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 61°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 50°F
- Matakana Coast Wine Country gets about 49.25 inches of rain per year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 72°F, whereas August and July are often coldest, averaging 46°F