Find Hotels in Matamata
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Oct 19, 2020
Visitors to Matamata are sure to enjoy the local tours and coffeehouses. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its opera houses.
- You'll find 161 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Hamilton
- The closest major airport is in Hamilton (HLZ-Hamilton Intl.), 22.6 mi (36.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tauranga (TRG), 27.1 mi (43.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Matamata
Favorite places to visit in the city include Founders Park, Firth Tower Museum, and Hobbiton Movie Set. In the area, you'll also find Matamata Golf Club and Lake Karapiro.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Matamata. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- ArtHouse Bed & Breakfast - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia travelers love its WiFi and local sightseeing.
- Buckland BnB - Our customers like the proximity to shopping and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Matamata Central Motel - This 3.5-star motel features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and proximity to shopping.
Dressing for Matamata
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 73°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 57°F
- From April to June, the average is 68°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 61°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 50°F as the nighttime average
- About 49.25 inches of rain falls on Matamata each year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 72°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 46°F