Visitors to Mersin are sure to enjoy the seaside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés, forests, and sightseeing tours.
- There are 52 hotels and other accommodations in Mersin
- The closest major airport is in Adana (ADA-Sakirpasa), 43.2 mi (69.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Mersin
The city is notable for landmarks like Castle of Gozne, Mersin Grand Mosque, and Greek Orthodox Church. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Mersin Arena and Mersin University.
In Mersin, there are 52 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Divan Mersin - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Yenişehir can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- The Monard Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this hotel in Akdeniz, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Ramada Mersin - This hotel in Toroslar features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant.
Getting Around Mersin
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Mersin Central Railway Station. Mersin might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Mersin
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 41°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 92°F, while the average at night is 51°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 95°F with nighttime averages of 66°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 44°F
- Mersin gets about 22.44 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 94°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 43°F