Families will find kid-friendly activities in Mexicali, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices, shopping, and bars.
- There are 26 hotels and other accommodations in Mexicali
- The closest major airport is in Mexicali, Baja California Norte (MXL-General Rodolfo Sanchez Taboada Intl.), 9.1 mi (14.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in El Centro, CA (IPL-Imperial County), 18.5 mi (29.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mexicali
Cultural venues in the city include UABC Cultural Studies Institute, Sol Children's Museum, and State Theater. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Plaza Comercial La Cachanilla is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Casas Geo Stadium and Juventud 2000 Sport Center.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 26 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Mexicali. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mexicali - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- Sleep Inn Mexicali - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Lucerna Mexicali - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its WiFi and comfortable beds.
Dressing for Mexicali
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 83°F and the nighttime average to be 44°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 109°F during the day and 54°F at night
- July through September averages 110°F during the day and 68°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 96°F during the day and 43°F at night
- Mexicali gets about 1.81 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 108°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 45°F