History buffs will enjoy exploring Morelia, and visitors give high marks for the cathedral. This culturally-rich city also attracts tourists with its live music and local tours. A top sight in the city is Morelia Cathedral.
- There are 146 hotels and other accommodations in Morelia
- The closest major airport is in Morelia, Michoacan (MLM-General Francisco Mujica Intl.), 16.5 mi (26.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Morelia
Well-known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Mariano Matamoros Theater, Regional Museum of Michoacan, and Museum of Colonial Art. Its cathedral and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Morelia Cathedral, Plaza de Armas, and Las Tarascas Fountain. The city's natural beauty is on display at Rose Garden, Jardin Central, and Mata de Pino.
In Morelia, you'll find 146 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Maja Hotel Boutique - This 4-star hotel in Vista Bella features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and breakfast.
- Hacienda Ucazanaztacua - Our customers like the helpful staff and location at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with memory foam beds.
- Hotel Casa del Naranjo - This 3-star hotel in Centro features a restaurant, free parking, and a bar. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for Morelia
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 83°F and the nighttime average to be 47°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 54°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 79°F during the day and 48°F at night
- About 41.37 inches of rain falls on Morelia each year
- Hottest months are usually May and June with an average temperature of 86°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 48°F