Visitors can enjoy all that Naoshima-cho has to offer including the art, museums, and architecture. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples, seaside, and local tours. Top sights around the area include Okayama Castle, Oriental Museum, and Hayashibara Museum of Art.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodations in Naoshima-cho
- The closest major airport is in Takamatsu (TAK), 16.7 mi (26.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Okayama (OKJ), 22.3 mi (35.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Naoshima-cho
A couple of favorite places to visit are Ando Museum and Naoshima Ferry Terminal. Additionally, in the area you'll find Okayama Castle and Oriental Museum.
As you start planning your visit to Naoshima-cho, the perfect accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 42 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Oyajino Umi is located in the heart of Naoshima-cho. Located in Naoshima-cho, this 2.5-star guesthouse accommodation features free WiFi and a flat-screen TV.
- Guest house SHELL is located in central Naoshima-cho. This 2-star guesthouse in Naoshima-cho features free WiFi and free parking.
- UOGASHI 7070 Annex KnowMe is located 1.2 mi (1.9 km) from the city center. This 1-star hostel in Miyanoura features free WiFi and laundry facilities.
Top places to see in the area include Hayashibara Museum of Art, 14.5 mi/23.4 km from the heart of the city, and Okayama Prefectural Museum of Art, which is 14.9 mi (23.9 km) away.
Dressing for Naoshima-cho
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 64°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 48°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 64°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 78°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- Naoshima-cho gets about 47.36 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 85°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 37°F