Travelers to Natal give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments and musical theater. Top sights in the city include Fort of the Three Kings, Dunas Arena, and Ponta Negra Beach.
- There are 380 hotels and other accommodations in Natal
- The closest major airport is in Natal (NAT-Governador Aluizio Alves Intl.), 12 mi (19.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Natal
Cultural venues in the city include Alberto Maranhao Theater, Cafe Filho Museum, and Museum of Popular Culture. The city is notable for landmarks like Fort of the Three Kings, Christmas Tree, and Newton Navarro Bridge. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Ponta Negra Beach, Genipabu Beach, and Pirangi Cashew Tree.
In Natal, you'll be able to select from 380 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Kristie Resort - Guests who stay at this 4-star resort in Ponta Negra can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its clean and comfortable rooms.
- Golden Tulip Natal Ponta Negra - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel in Ponta Negra features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Estilo Pousada Boutique - Guests who stay at this 2.5-star pousada in Ponta Negra can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
Other top sights in Natal include Dunas Arena and Morro do Careca.
Getting Around Natal
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Natal Station, Natal Alecrim II Station, or Natal Alecrim I Station. Natal may not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Natal
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 88°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 76°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 72°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 73°F as the nighttime average
- Natal gets about 48.46 inches of rain per year
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 71°F