Visitors are sure to enjoy all that Nilopolis has to offer. Top sights around the area include Christ the Redeemer, Maracana Stadium, and Roberto Burle Marx Estate.
- You'll find 1695 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Rio de Janeiro
- The closest major airport is in Rio de Janeiro (GIG-Galeao - Antonio Carlos Jobim Intl.), 11.4 mi (18.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Rio de Janeiro (SDU-Santos Dumont), 17.7 mi (28.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Nilopolis
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Christ the Redeemer, Maracana Stadium, and Roberto Burle Marx Estate. In the area, you'll also find Rio de Janeiro Botanical Garden and Parque Henrique Lage.
As you plan your vacation to Nilopolis, the best accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 25 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Hotel Lark - Adult Only is located 1.3 mi (2.1 km) from the heart of Nilopolis. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star motel in Nilopolis can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Miramar Hotel by Windsor is 18.8 mi (30.2 km) from central Nilopolis. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Rio de Janeiro can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and comfortable rooms.
- Hotel Atlantico Business Centro is 17.2 mi (27.6 km) from the center of Nilopolis. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Rio de Janeiro can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Catedral de Sao Sebastiao do Rio de Janeiro, 16.9 mi/27.2 km from the heart of the city, and Arcos da Lapa, which is 17 mi (27.4 km) away.
Getting Around Nilopolis
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Rio de Janeiro Olinda Station or Rio de Janeiro Nilopolis Station. Nilopolis might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Nilopolis
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 85°F and the nighttime average to be 71°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 63°F at night
- July through September averages 76°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 83°F during the day and 65°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Nilopolis is 55.43 inches
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 63°F