Visiting North Platte
Families will find kid-friendly activities in North Platte, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, monuments, and local tours.
- There are 20 hotels and other accommodations in North Platte
- The closest major airport is in North Platte, NE (LBF-North Platte Regional), 2.9 mi (4.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in North Platte
The city is notable for landmarks like America's 20th Century Veterans' Memorial, Buffalo Bill Ranch State Historical Park, and Golden Spike Tower and Visitor Center. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are North Platte Area Children's Museum and River's Edge Golf Club.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 20 hotels and other lodging options to select from in North Platte. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Tru by Hilton North Platte - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
- Best Western Plus North Platte Inn & Suites - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn North Platte - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its clean, comfortable rooms and room size.
Dressing for North Platte
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 56°F and the nighttime average to be 13°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 70°F during the day and 13°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for North Platte is 20.79 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 86°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 15°F