Travelers give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Ogallala, which is also known for its lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés, opera houses, and entertainment choices.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodations in Ogallala
- The closest major airport is in North Platte, NE (LBF-North Platte Regional), 53.2 mi (85.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Ogallala
The city's cultural venues include Petrified Wood Gallery and Cowboy Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and Eiker Park. Additionally, you might want to add Mansion on the Hill Museum to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Ogallala. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ogallala - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, quiet rooms.
- Americinn by Wyndham Ogallala - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Travelodge by Wyndham Ogallala - With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and overall value.
Dressing for Ogallala
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 57°F and the nighttime average to be 14°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 88°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 72°F during the day and 14°F at night
- Ogallala gets about 20.00 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 15°F