Visiting North Pole
Visitors can enjoy all that North Pole has to offer including the northern lights, shopping, and museums. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its welcoming locals.
- You'll find 80 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Fairbanks
- The closest major airport is in Fairbanks, AK (FAI-Fairbanks Intl.), 17.2 mi (27.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in North Pole
A favorite place to visit in the city is Santa Claus House. In the area, you'll also find Fort Wainwright and Birch Hill Recreation Area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in North Pole. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Alaska Haven - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a spa tub, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel North Pole - Our customers like the quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
Dressing for North Pole
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 35°F during the day and -15°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 75°F, while the average at night is 9°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 75°F with nighttime averages of 28°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 45°F and nighttime averages of -14°F
- North Pole gets about 11.50 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 72°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging -12°F