Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Check Northwest Tasmania hotel prices
Meal plans available
Reviewed on Aug 31, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Visiting Northwest Tasmania
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Northwest Tasmania, and visitors give high marks for the magnificent mountain views and relaxing spas. This city also attracts tourists with its secluded setting. Top sights in the city include Dove Lake, Cradle Mountain, and Devonport Ferry Terminal.
- There are 304 hotels and other accommodations in Northwest Tasmania
- The closest major airport is in Burnie, TAS (BWT), 33.4 mi (53.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Devonport, TAS (DPO), 44 mi (70.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Northwest Tasmania
Cultural venues in the city include Australian Axeman's Hall of Fame, Highfield House, and Burnie Arts & Function Centre. Attractions like Tasmazia, Don River Railway, and Ashgrove Cheese Factory are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Waldheim Chalet, Burnie Waterfront Boardwalk, and Henty Dunes.
In Northwest Tasmania, there are 304 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Arcoona Manor - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Noah's - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable beds at this B&B. This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- The Ark Stanley - This 4.5-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers love its proximity to shopping and comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in Northwest Tasmania include Dove Lake, Cradle Mountain, and Devonport Ferry Terminal.
Getting Around Northwest Tasmania
With so many ways to get around, seeing Northwest Tasmania is easy. If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from Boco Siding Station, Penguin Station, or Ulverstone West Station. You can catch a ferry to see more of the region.
Dressing for Northwest Tasmania
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 74°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 46°F
- From April to June, the average is 66°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 59°F during the day and 36°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 72°F as the daytime average and 41°F as the nighttime average
- Northwest Tasmania gets about 26.88 inches of rain per year
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 73°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 37°F
More trip options
- Hotels near Northwest Tasmania Airports
- Hotels in Northwest Tasmania Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Northwest Tasmania Attractions
- More Hotel Options in Northwest Tasmania
- More Popular Hotels in Tasmania
- Other Hotels near Northwest Tasmania, Tasmania
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends