Oamaru Motels for the Frugal Traveler
You'll find 12 low-cost motels in Oamaru among the more than 38 hotels and other lodging choices. These budget accommodations can help you cut costs when compared with traditional hotels, which have more amenities but ones you may never use.
Fun fact: Introduced in the early 1950s, customized neon signs often lit up the roadside motels, and examples today can still be seen along historic U.S. Route 66. At most motels, you'll often find an outdoor pool and free parking.
Below are some of Expedia customers' favorite Oamaru motels to choose from:
Ascot Oamaru Motel
- Enjoy access to the restaurant, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Bella Vista Motel Oamaru
- Free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities are available during your stay.
Oamaru Motor Lodge
- Enjoy access to the business center, and freebies including WiFi, parking, and an airport shuttle.
Highfield Mews Motel
- Free WiFi and free parking are available during your stay, along with room amenities like a kitchen.
- Enjoy access to the laundry facilities, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
What to Do in Oamaru
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Oamaru Gardens
- Oamaru Harbour
- Oamaru Blue Penguin Colony
To learn about the area's history, take time to see:
- St Lukes Anglican Church
- Totara Estate
During your trip, here are some other places to visit:
- Janet Frame House
- Whitestone Cheese Factory
- Grainstore Gallery
Oamaru is also known for its:
- Shark viewing
- Whale watching
- Historical sites
Best Time to Visit Oamaru
Determine the perfect time for your visit to Oamaru by reviewing the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically January and December, while July and August are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 70° F and nighttime temperatures average 47° F
- April-June: 64° F is the daytime average and 35° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 60° F and nighttime averages are around 35° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 70° F during the day and 42° F at night
- Average rainfall is 1.42 inches in a year
How to Get to Oamaru and Around the Area
|Oamaru (OAM) ||Airport ||9.5 mi (15.3 km) |