Visitors can enjoy all that Omuta has to offer including the zoo, shopping, and museums. There are 85 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Saga (HSG-Ariake Saga), 11.8 mi (19 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Kumamoto (KMJ), 27.2 mi (43.8 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Omuta
The city's cultural venues include Omuta Municipal Miike Carta and History Museum and Coal Industry Science Museum. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Aeon Mall Omuta is a favorite for retail therapy. Additionally, you might want to add Omuta City Zoo to your agenda.
As you start planning your visit to Omuta, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 10 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Dormy Inn Kumamoto Natural Hot Spring is 22 mi (35.4 km) from central Omuta. This 3-star hotel in Hanabatacho features free WiFi, spa services, and parking. Our customers like its overall value and room size.
- Nest Hotel Kumamoto is 21.9 mi (35.3 km) from the center of Omuta. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Hanabatacho can enjoy access to a restaurant and parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
- Mitsui Garden Hotel Kumamoto is located 22.2 mi (35.7 km) from the heart of Omuta. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Hanabatacho can enjoy access to a restaurant and valet parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
Dressing for Omuta
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 63°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 46°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 61°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 77°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- Omuta gets about 1.54 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 37°F