Visitors to Opononi are sure to enjoy the waterfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's seafood restaurants and spas.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodations in Opononi
- The closest major airport is in Kaitaia (KAT), 30.3 mi (48.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kerikeri (KKE-Bay of Islands), 32 mi (51.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Opononi
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Opononi Beach. In the area, you'll also find Omapere Beach and Pakia Hill Lookout.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Opononi. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Opononi Lighthouse Motel - With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a spa tub, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
- Opononi Resort - Our customers like the convenient parking and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Opononi
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 57°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 61°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 50°F
- Average annual rainfall for Opononi is 49.25 inches
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 72°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 46°F