Visitors can enjoy all that Rawene has to offer including the cafés, riverfront, and museums. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its restaurants.
- There are 16 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Kerikeri (KKE-Bay of Islands), 25.1 mi (40.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kaitaia (KAT), 27.4 mi (44.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rawene
Places to visit in the larger region include Wairere Boulders, Opononi Beach, and Omapere Beach. You'll also find Pakia Hill Lookout and Mitimiti Beach in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Rawene, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 10 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Copthorne Hotel and Resort Hokianga is located 10.6 mi (17 km) from the heart of Rawene. This 4-star hotel in Omapere features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and overall value.
- Opononi Lighthouse Motel is 9.1 mi (14.7 km) from central Rawene. This 2.5-star motel in Opononi features free WiFi, free parking, and a spa tub. Our customers like its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
- The Heads Omapere is 10.6 mi (17 km) from the center of Rawene. This 4.5-star hotel in Omapere features free WiFi, free parking, and a 24-hour front desk. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its WiFi and bathrooms.
Dressing for Rawene
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 73°F and the nighttime average to be 57°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 68°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 61°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 71°F during the day and 50°F at night
- About 49.25 inches of rain falls on Rawene each year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 72°F, while the coldest months are August and July with an average of 46°F