History buffs enjoy visiting Otranto though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's waterfront, monuments, and spas. A top sight in the city is Otranto Castle.
- There are 113 hotels and other accommodations in Otranto
- The closest major airport is in Brindisi (BDS-Papola Casale), 45.8 mi (73.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Otranto
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Otranto Castle, Otranto Cathedral, and Torre del Serpe. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Otranto Waterfront and Port of Otranto.
In Otranto, there are 113 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Palazzo Papaleo - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Otranto Historic Centre can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its helpful staff.
- B&B Notos - Our customers like the convenient parking at this B&B. Amenities at this bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Montevergine Agriresort - Amenities at this farm stay include free breakfast and a restaurant. Expedia customers like its beach locale and overall value.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Holy Cross Cathedral, located 22.1 mi (35.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Roman Amphitheater, which is 22 mi/35.4 km away.
Getting Around Otranto
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Otranto Station. Otranto might not have very many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Otranto
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 60°F during the day and 46°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 80°F, while the average at night is 51°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 65°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 74°F and nighttime averages of 47°F
- About 1.18 inches of rain falls on Otranto each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 46°F