Visitors to Oulu are sure to enjoy the shopping, restaurants, and riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's entertainment choices, museums, and opera houses.
- There are 58 hotels and other accommodations in Oulu
- The closest major airport is in Oulu (OUL), 6.4 mi (10.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Oulu
The city is notable for landmarks like Toripolliisi Statue, Oulu Cathedral, and Tietomaa. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and Oulu Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Oulu Market Square and Mannerheim Park.
In Oulu, there are 58 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Lapland Hotels Oulu - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. Expedia travelers love its clean rooms and location.
- Oulu Hotel - Apartments - Our customers like the central location and clean rooms at this apartment. Amenities in this 3-star apartment include a kitchen and free WiFi.
- Hotel Lasaretti - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and central location.
Getting Around Oulu
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Oulu Central Station. Oulu might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Oulu
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 35°F during the day and 7°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 27°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 70°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 47°F and nighttime averages of 13°F
- About 0.94 inches of rain falls on Oulu each year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 66°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 11°F