Visiting Pak Ou
Visitors to Pak Ou are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 214 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Luang Prabang (LPQ-Luang Prabang Intl.), 12.6 mi (20.3 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Pak Ou
Places to visit in the larger region include Pak Ou Buddha Caves, Heritage House, and Wat Pak Khan. You'll also find Golden City Temple and Elephant Village in the area.
As you plan for your vacation to Pak Ou, you might not find accommodations in the heart of city, but you can choose from 214 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Nam Ou Riverside Hotel & Resort is located 1.1 mi (1.8 km) from the heart of Pak Ou. This 4-star hotel in Pak Ou features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Kiridara Luang Prabang is 14.4 mi (23.2 km) from the center of Pak Ou. This 4-star hotel in Luang Prabang features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Our customers like its dining options and breakfast.
- Maison Dalabua is 14.2 mi (22.9 km) from central Pak Ou. This 4-star hotel in Luang Prabang features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, quiet rooms.
Dressing for Pak Ou
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 52°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 60°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 68°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 84°F and nighttime averages of 51°F
- Pak Ou gets about 63.70 inches of rain per year
- Usually April and May are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas December and February are often coldest, averaging 52°F