Find Hotels in Luang Prabang
Great deals on hotels, cabins, vacation homes & more from $17
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Dec 31, 2019
Visiting Luang Prabang
Travelers to Luang Prabang give high marks for the riverfront and local tours. Culturally-rich and quaint, this city will delight tourists with its waterfalls, temples, and cafés.
- There are 219 hotels and other accommodations in Luang Prabang
- The closest major airport is in Luang Prabang (LPQ-Luang Prabang Intl.), 6.1 mi (9.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Luang Prabang
The city's cultural venues include Traditional Arts and Ethnology Centre and Royal Palace Museum. The city is notable for its temples and landmarks like Wat Manorom, Wat Mai, and Royal Palace. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the waterfalls and these places to visit: Mount Phu Si, Tad Sae Waterfalls, and Kuang Si Falls.
In Luang Prabang, you'll be able to select from 219 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Thongbay Guesthouse Luang Prabang - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Belle Rive Boutique Hotel - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to the airport at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with a free stocked minibar.
- Mekong Riverview Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
Dressing for Luang Prabang
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 88°F and the nighttime average to be 52°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 60°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 68°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 84°F during the day and 51°F at night
- Luang Prabang gets about 63.70 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually April and May with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 52°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Luang Prabang?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Luang Prabang, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Luang Prabang?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Luang Prabang?
What's the best accommodation for families in Luang Prabang?
What's the best accommodation for a couple visiting Luang Prabang?
What is the top LGBTQ-friendly place to stay in Luang Prabang?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Luang Prabang?
Where is the best hotel to stay close to Night Market?
What about the best place to stay near Kuang Si Falls?
What's the best luxury hotel in Luang Prabang?
Recent reviews of Luang Prabang hotels
More trip options
- Luang Prabang Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Luang Prabang Airports
- Hotels near Popular Luang Prabang Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Luang Prabang
- More Hotel Options in Luang Prabang
- More Popular Hotels in Louangphabang
- Other Hotels near Luang Prabang, Louangphabang
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends