Visitors to Parkes are sure to enjoy the bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks, golf courses, and coffeehouses.
- There are 20 hotels and other accommodations in Parkes
- The closest major airport is in Parkes, NSW (PKE-Parkes Regional), 3.5 mi (5.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Parkes
The picturesque setting of Cooke Park and Bushmans Hill Reserve exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Memorial Hill Lookout and Parkes Showgrounds.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 20 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Parkes. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Old Parkes Convent - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a spa tub, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and WiFi.
- Quality Inn Parkes International - Our customers love the dining options and clean rooms at this motel. This 3.5-star motel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Aastro Dish Motor Inn - This 4.5-star motel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
Getting Around Parkes
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Parkes Station. Parkes might not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Parkes
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 93°F during the day and 55°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 75°F with nighttime averages of 36°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 92°F and nighttime averages of 46°F
- Parkes gets about 20.59 inches of rain per year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 38°F