Visitors can enjoy all that Paro has to offer including the temples and monuments. This city also attracts tourists with its culturally-rich and scenic setting.
- There are 36 hotels and other accommodations in Paro
- The closest major airport is in Paro (PBH), 3.8 mi (6.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Paro
The city is notable for landmarks like Kyichu Lhakhang, Rinpung Dzong, and Taktshang Monastery. Additionally, you might want to add Bhutan National Museum to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 36 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Paro. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Kichu Resort Paro is located within 1.6 mi (2.5 km) of the city center. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Paro can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- HIMALAYAN TASHI PHUNTSHOK HOTEL, PARO is 3.2 mi (5.2 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Paro can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Tashiling Hotel is located 1.9 mi (3 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Paro can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchen.
Dressing for Paro
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 58°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 12°F
- From April to June, the average is 72°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 72°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 64°F as the daytime average and 14°F as the nighttime average
- About 16.22 inches of rain falls on Paro each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 71°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 15°F