Families enjoy visiting Pau though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, local tours, and architecture. A top sight in the city is Chateau de Pau.
- There are 48 hotels and other accommodations in Pau
- The closest major airport is in Pau (PUF-Pau - Pyrenees), 6.4 mi (10.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Lourdes (LDE-Tarbes - Lourdes - Pyrenees Intl.), 20.3 mi (32.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pau
Cultural venues in the city include Musee Bernadotte, Musee des Beaux-Arts, and Zenith de Pau. The city is notable for landmarks like Chateau de Pau, Funiculaire de Pau, and Church of Saint-Martin. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Boulevard des Pyrenees and Palais Beaumont.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 48 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Pau. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Kyriad Prestige Pau - Zenith - Palais Des Sports - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Pau Nord can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Hotel Parc Beaumont Pau MGallery by Sofitel - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Centre Ville can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Quality Hotel Pau Centre Bosquet - This 4-star hotel in Centre Ville features free WiFi, free parking, and a fitness center. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
Getting Around Pau
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Pau Station. Pau may not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Pau
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 59°F during the day and 36°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 75°F, while the average at night is 43°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 79°F with nighttime averages of 52°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- Pau gets about 44.65 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 77°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 37°F