Visitors to Peebles are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 18 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area.
Sightseeing and Staying in Peebles
A favorite place to visit in the city is Serpent Mound. You'll also find Rocky Fork Lake State Park and Portsmouth Gaseous Diffusion Plant in the area.
As you plan for your vacation to Peebles, you might not find the perfect accommodation centrally located, but you can select from 18 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Holiday Inn Portsmouth Downtown is located 25.9 mi (41.7 km) from the heart of Peebles. This 3-star hotel in Portsmouth features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Quality Inn & Suites is 24 mi (38.6 km) from the center of Peebles. This 2.5-star hotel in Portsmouth features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its WiFi and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Hillsboro is 22.1 mi (35.5 km) from central Peebles. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star aparthotel in Hillsboro can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and clean, quiet rooms.
Dressing for Peebles
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 62°F during the day and 24°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 86°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 74°F and nighttime averages of 25°F
- Average annual rainfall for Peebles is 40.87 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 25°F